Blind Mumbling

A compilation of writings that never got anyone excited.

Name:
Location: N. Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, United States

Former teacher, co-editor of Total Football and the author of more than 20 books and over 200 articles, most about sports history. His credits include Pro Football: When the Grass Was Real, The Hidden Game of Football (with John Thorn and Pete Palmer), Baseball Between the Lies, The Importance of Napoleon, and the Battle of Stalingrad. He is presently Executive Director of the Pro Football Researchers Association.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Few Thoughts

Joe always came up just short. For example, his dog is a Better-Than-Average Dane.

If you didn’t like those “apply directly where it hurts” ads, you’ll hate the ones showing now for rectal thermometers.

Talk about low sex drive! He bought the soundtrack to “Girls Gone Wild.”

I wanted fresh vegetables so I went to the grocery and a carrot dissed me.

I’ve stopped listening to the president. If I want lied to, I’ll ask my wife why she got home late.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Carroll,

I am producing a feature on the first "hut" used in pro football and I am trying to track down Charles T. Gregory who posted a fascinating story about it on your blog a few years ago. Do you have any information about Mr. Gregory or a way I could contact him for a possible interview? My email address is rgehringjr@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Rob Gehring

8:05 AM  
Blogger The Great said...

Unfortunately, I can find no other way to post here about the passing of one of the greatest men I've ever known.... the author of this blog, Mr. Bob Carroll. Bob left this earth on August 25th, 2009 at his home in Irwin, Pa. He is survived by his wife, Suzanne Carroll, son David "Hoss" Carroll, daughter Kathy Carroll Potter, 3 grandchildren, and 3 great-grandchildren. Bob, we miss you in Texas....you were a great father-in-law. :-)

Chris Potter (husband to Kathy Carroll).

Anyone interested in knowing more about Bob, feel free to contact me: gonzo1967@gmail.com or his daughter, Kathy: katzintexas30@gmail.com

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home